Friday, November 30, 2007

writing

"Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead."
~ Gene Fowler

Truer words were never spoken. I am still working on that gosh darn screenplay. I have the story up in my head, but it won't come out the right way. I have written and erased about three drafts at this point.

I think I finally have an idea of the best way to go about this, but I still haven't attempted it yet. I have put an enormous amount of pressure on myself with this story because A) this is my dream and I don't want to blow it and B) this story is dedicated to my grandmothers and the horrible disease that is Alzheimer's. I want to make sure I am accurate and show what this disease does to people in a very real way.

I think I'm on the verge, but in the meantime, there are drops of blood all over my forehead.

No comments: