Friday, December 14, 2007

aging

I'm confused. I know I'm not fat - in fact I just lost 10 pounds. I'm not old - even though it feels that way when you live in a college town. Plus I wear sunscreen every day. So why do I suddenly have loose skin hanging under my chin? When did that appear and why? Now I'm absently messing with it while I stare at my computer screen all day - as if that's going to help. I'm probably stretching it out more. Am I doomed to have a skinny neck and a shar pei chin?

My mom has been doing these facial exercises she learned from Jack LaLanne about 40 years ago, and she's done them ever since. Clearly they work because she looks 10 to 15 years younger than she is. But because you apparently look like a moron when you do them, she never will teach them to me! I'm about to have to find some old school Jack LaLanne videos on YouTube or something.

No comments: