Wednesday, January 30, 2008

comatose

I don't want to jinx it, but I think I might've remedied whatever ailment what coming on yesterday. After work, I didn't go to the gym as usual because, if you're trying to avoid germs, the gym is the last place you need to be. In fact, the gym totally sicks me out - but that's another post.

Instead, I did laundry and tried to catch up on reading. In theory, this book should be enthralling. It's about the Galveston hurricane of 1900, which fascinates me. However, Erik Larson has a knack for getting off task. His English teacher never told him to "write tight". So just about the time he started rambling on about Christopher Columbus (I KID YOU NOT!), I was out like a light.

I slept for about two and a half hours until my cell phone rang. It was hubby wondering why I was Idle on Google Talk (he wanted my opinion on web design). I was so utterly confused that I started mumbling something about "everything is everywhere". I remember being quite offended that hubby had no clue what I was talking about, and he was asking me to clarify my lethargic gibberish. After all, I knew what I meant.


I finally woke up long enough to finish my laundry and learn about Michael Jackson's troubled childhood on E! and then I was off to bed. I think the 10 hours of sleep really helped. I'm no longer congested, and I only hit snooze 3 times this morning.

No comments: