Monday, October 15, 2007

dance

So I've been trying to finish choreographing a dance to "Fever" by Peggy Lee for Jr. League Ball Follies.

The costume is sexy and the song is sexy, so I've had to make sure the dance is sexy too - without being too Britney-esque or too difficult. I'm going for more sassy and less Pussycat Doll
(i.e. Marilyn Monroe in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"). But, to tell you the truth, this has been a really tough one to choreograph. I haven't had this many mental blocks in quite awhile. Guess I'm just not feeling sassy. Hard to believe, right?

Anywho, I am supposed to teach this dance starting this week. I've got a wide range of dancers in my group - from former dance instructors to people who only dance in their underwear when they're alone - so it's a little nerve-wracking. It would almost be easier if I could make this a hard dance - axle turns and all. Wouldn't that be interesting in heels?

No comments: