Friday, October 5, 2007

frustration

For some reason, I have been particularly whiny this week. For all my talk about handing things over to God, I should probably hand things over to God. I have a lot of frustrations going at once.

I took on Second Job so I could afford to keep First Job, but Second Job has yet to send me a check after the four articles I wrote. Meanwhile, First Job has entrusted me to come up with a stellar marketing package within 48 hours to help us close an enormously important deal (in addition to the other 10 projects I was juggling). While I should be jumping for joy at this opportunity (and deep down I am), I can't help but feel like I'm drinking from a fire hose.

Apparently, I'm not hiding it well. Boss 2 came in to ask me if I was unhappy. Both he and Boss 1 seem to worry that I'm going to leave at the drop of a hat. I assured him I like my job; I'm just overwhelmed. It made me realize I need to keep my emotions in check. I tend to think that by not talking about it, I'm doing that, but I just walk around looking angry - even if I'm just focused. I need to pray for some joy!

No comments: