Sunday, September 30, 2007

freedom

Just got back from the conference last night. The theme this weekend was "Amazing Freedom", which was a theme that really spoke to me.

I feel so bound up by my life and my circumstances sometimes. It's like my hands are always tied. I'm constantly trying to change things in my life so that I don't have to rely on other people, and I can regain some sense of control. I think that's because I crave freedom so badly. I never quite thought of it in those terms, but that's what it boils down to.

But I learned this weekend that freedom does not come from the things around you; it comes from within. It comes from God. So even though my situation may not change the way I want it to, God gives me the freedom to let it all go and have peace. When people disappoint me or anger me or let me down, I can choose to be upset and throw a myself pity party, or I can hand it over and let Him deal with it.

Not letting the world control you...that is freedom.

No comments: